Saturday, August 22, 2009

Why Sheep?

Okay, you might wonder why I selected sheep as the title for this blog.  Sheep, by their nature, are followers and can often get into a lot of trouble if they don't pay attention to who or what they are following.  Yet, when they are tended to by a shepherd, they know they are safe. They innately desire to know their shepherd's voice because they know the shepherd cares for them, loves them and will protect them with his life.  This is no less true of my relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd.  It is my desire to follow only him and to listen to what it is that he desires of me, particularly as I respond to God's call on my life into the ministry.  As I contemplate the role of an undershepherd, I remain humbled yet excited about how he might impact the world through the gifts and graces that he has extended to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment