Sunday, September 27, 2009

An Adventurous Spirit

Well, I'm definitely in transition.  A decision was made to attend seminary onsite rather than online so we're looking to relocate to the St. Louis area (Illinois side) within the next few months.  That means we've had to locate a new home and try to sell our current one.  It means exiting from my current job and looking for another source of supplemental income while I attend school.  It means getting the girls transitioned from their current school to a new one.  And the list goes on.

I'm trying to remind myself that it's not all about the destination but also the journey.  This transition gives me time, and my family time, to celebrate the friendships and memories that have been built so far as well as to anticipate the adventures that exist before us.

Isn't that true of our faith walk, too?  We can express our thanks and gratitude for the many blessings that we have experienced over time, yet our eyes are set toward the future, the hope, and the love that is Jesus.  What a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment