Sunday, June 27, 2010

Prisms of Light--Prisms of Thought

Art PrintsAs part of my last post entitled Prisms of Thought at GoingToSeminary.com, I shared about my experiences at Eden during my first semester...specifically as it related to the great diversity of thought and action that existed there.  I'll admit that at first I was a little put off by the wide range of thought and interpretation.  In time, however, I began to appreciate it.  In one sense, it helped me to understand the breadth of beliefs surrounding our Christian faith.  In another sense, it has made me understand (and wrestle with) what it is that I believe to be true.  I invite you to read the article and consider for yourself the words of John Wesley who wrote...
“But although a difference in opinions or modes of worship may prevent an entire external union, yet need it prevent our union in affection? Though we cannot think alike, may we not love alike? May we not be of one heart, though we are not of one opinion? Without all doubt, we may.“

No comments:

Post a Comment